Purpose: To assist CALPIA incarcerated individual workers’ with acquiring sustainable employment upon release to promote successful community re-entry.
The Transition to Employment Program provides a customized packet for eligible incarcerated individuals which includes the following information:
- CalJOBS Account Set Up– Step-by-step tutorial on how to create and use a CalJOBS account to find jobs available throughout the state.
- CALPIA Work History Report– Complete listing CALPIA job history and earned certifications.
- Resume and Application Guide– Tools to create a professional resume/application and how to prepare for interviews.
- Birth Certificate– CALPIA assists eligible incarcerated individuals by purchasing certified copies of state issued birth certificates from the California Department of Public Health.
- DMV – How to schedule DMV appointments to obtain new/renewed driver’s licenses/ California identification cards and local DMV office information.
- Social Security– How to obtain new or duplicate social security cards and local Social Security Administration office information.
For additional informational regarding the Transition to Employment Program, or if you are interested in being placed on IEP’s Second Chance Employer’s list, please call us at 877-276-7290 or e-mail us at .