CALPIA’s Workforce Plan assesses the current state of our agency and sets the course of CALPIA’s future civil service workforce goals.
This plan was developed, in part, to meet CALHR’s requirement of all State organizations with civil service employees to have a workforce plan. This is a proactive and strategic approach to recruit, develop and retain a skilled and diverse workforce to ensure CALPIA can deliver on our critical missions now and in the future.
This two-year plan contains workforce analysis and strategies which reflect CALPIA’s commitment to growing an engaged, highly skilled and diverse workforce. The workforce plan and goals within are directly tied to CALPIA’s current Strategic Business Plan, 2016-2021, and our mission and core values. CALPIA’s workforce plan directly addresses two immediate areas:
- Ensuring we mentor all staff and guide them to becoming the agency’s next leaders.
- Ensuring we share information and collaborate.
Workforce Planning Initiatives
- Improve outward facing public perception
- Partner with control agencies to begin consolidation of department-specific classifications and create an apprenticeship program
- Expand collaboration with recruitment outreach programs
- Develop and implement an employee recognition program to supplement CALPIA’s existing Employee of the Year Awards
- Develop and implement a diversity and inclusion Program
- Develop and implement entrance and exit surveys
- Identify individual key competencies through the Upward Mobility Program (UMP)
- Develop CALPIA specific training to supplement new employee onboarding
- Identify all Key Leadership Position and their competencies within the department as the first step in developing CALPIA’s first succession plan
- Develop a formal mentoring program to ensure continuous filling of Key Leadership positions
- Develop and implement a succession plan
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file if you don’t already have it installed. Download Acrobat Reader.