CALPIA’s Workforce Plan assesses the current state of our agency and sets the course of CALPIA’s future civil service workforce goals.
This plan was originally developed, in part, to meet CalHR’s requirement of all state organizations with civil service employees to have a workforce plan. This is a proactive and strategic approach to recruit, develop and retain a skilled and diverse workforce to ensure CALPIA can deliver on our critical missions now and in the future.
This three-year plan contains workforce analysis and strategies which reflect CALPIA’s commitment to growing an engaged, highly skilled, and diverse workforce. The workforce plan and goals within are directly tied to CALPIA’s current Strategic Business Plan, 2021-2024, and our mission and core values. CALPIA’s workforce plan directly addresses two immediate areas:
- Ensuring we mentor all staff and guide them to becoming the agency’s next leaders.
- Ensuring we share information and collaborate.
Workforce Planning Initiatives
- Improve outward facing public opinion
- Continue to expand collaboration w/recruitment outreach programs
- Consolidate department-specific Industrial Supervisors & create an apprenticeship program
- Develop and implement entrance and exits surveys
- Develop and implement an employee recognition program
- Develop and implement a diversity inclusion program
Professional Development Initiatives
- Identify individual key competencies through the Upward Mobility Program (UMP)
Knowledge Transfer & Succession Planning Initiatives
- Develop and formal mentoring program
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file if you don’t already have it installed. Download Acrobat Reader.